How can I develop my property?

The Town of Davidson does not generally use density limits or standard setback requirements. Instead, we encourage designers and developers to consider the surrounding context and creatively address the constraints and opportunities on a site by site basis.

Sections two and four of the Davidson Planning Ordinance provide a list of permitted uses and site design regulations per planning area. Refer to these sections first, and then contact a planner to set up an appointment to discuss your property further.

Show All Answers

1. Do I need an appointment to meet with a planner?
2. What is the zoning (planning area) of my property?
3. What types of permits are required?
4. How do I get a permit reviewed?
5. How much does a building/sign permit cost?
6. How can I develop my property?
7. How do I determine the permitted uses for my property?
8. What are the minimum required setbacks from my property line?
9. What is the Davidson Planning Board and what does it do?