- Doing Business
- Davidson Main Street Business Grant
Davidson Main Street Business Grant
The Town of Davidson is pleased to announce the ninth annual Davidson Main Street Business Grant. The Davidson Board of Commissioners approved $15,000 to fund this grant program for FY2022-23.
The goals of the program are to:
- Provide direct financial benefit to small businesses
- Retain and create jobs in association with small businesses
- Spur private investment in association with small businesses located in our local historic district
- The grant is a reimbursable, matching grant program.
- The minimum grant that may be requested is $1,000 and the maximum is $10,000.
- Private funds must be committed on a 2:1 basis, meaning that $2,000 in private funds must be committed to the project in order to qualify for a $1,000 grant.
- Funds may be used to support the rehabilitation of properties or for new construction.
- Funds must be used for exterior or interior improvements that are permanent. For example, funds may be used for windows, floors, etc., but not for tables and chairs.
Application & Awarding Process
Grant applications will be accepted beginning September 1, 2022. The 1st application period will be from September 1 through October 31,2022. Additional application periods will be on a 90-day rolling basis until all funds are allocated. The Historic Preservation Commission will review all grant applications and select projects to be funded.
All applicants must review the Davidson Main Street Business Grant Operating Guidelines and submit a complete application.
|Recipient||Grant Amount||Fiscal Year|
|Main Street Books|
Upper Crust Bar & Social Club
|126 S. Main Street LLC||$10,000||2016-17|
|Davidson Wine Co.|
|Bonjour Y'all Bakery|
Davidson Village Inn
The Soda Shop
|Davidson Provision Company|
120 S. Main Street LLC
The Village Store
|120 S. Main Street LLC|
Side Bar Bottle Co.
Ben & Jerry's
|Knotty & Board|
Table & Board
The Jewel Box
The Rumor Mill
The Village Store
FY 2022-23 Grant Application
PDF application to print, complete, and submit to Kim Fleming at email@example.com.