Development Applications & Information

A joint pre-submittal meeting is required between the applicant, Davidson Planning Department, and Mecklenburg County for any project that will be submitted to EPM. Contact the Davidson Planning Department to set up a meeting. Failure to do so will result in a delay in accepting project intake. 

Please consult the most recent fee schedule, available on the Finance & Budget webpage, to determine the correct application fee for your submission.

NOTE:  Charlotte Water is currently experiencing capacity issues that may impact the timing of utility services allocation to development projects. For more information, please see the Charlotte Water website on WSACC Capacity Limited Basins

  1. Building Process
  2. Plans
  3. Plats

Building Process

Individual Building

The Individual Building process is required of all structures, except detached, townhouse, and accessory structure building types which meet the requirements of DPO Section 4. Reference section 14.9 of the Davidson Planning Ordinance. 
Individual Building Application Packet (Print Version)
Individual Building Application Packet (Electronic Version)

Water & Sewer Determination Request

In August 2018, the Town of Davidson formalized its water/sewer policy via resolution. The Town's 1984 agreement with Charlotte  Water affirms the Town's authority to approve all water/sewer extensions. Charlotte Water retains the authority to approve water/sewer  connections. For water/sewer determinations, please have Charlotte Water sign off on the Water/Sewer Determination Request and return this form to the town. 

Design Review Board

The Design Review Board (DRB) interprets and enforces the design regulations contained in the Davidson Planning Ordinance. The DRB reviews the design of all new construction, except detached, townhome, and some accessory structure building types. The DRB also reviews signage exceeding a certain size. Reference Section 14.10 & Section 11 of the Davidson Planning Ordinance. 
Design Review Board Application Packet (Print Version)
Design Review Board Application Packet (Electronic Version)

Certificates of Appropriateness

A Certificate of Appropriateness is required prior to beginning any project/s being proposed in the local historic district. A certificate of appropriateness can be obtained from the Historic Preservation Commission, or approved administratively for minor projects. Please consult the COA page for instructions and application forms.