- Town Government
- Boards & Commissions
- Livability Board
The Livability Board's mission is to serve as a sounding board and provide advice and recommendations to staff on any and all questions concerning parks, recreation, healthy living initiatives, trees and natural assets, greenways and trails, bicycle and pedestrian facilities, and policies.
The Livability Board may be called upon for advice and recommendations to the Board of Commissioners in any or all of the following areas of concern:
- To create and promote an enjoyable place to live, learn, work, and play
- To support safe and vibrant spaces and neighborhoods
- To promote cultural, socioeconomic, and age diversity
- To encourage committed civic involvement and responsibility
- To provide sustainable and healthy choices for transportation, food, and energy use
- To enable faithful stewardship of natural and historic resources
The Livability Board includes staff from the Parks and Recreation Department but also combines expertise from Public Works and Planning Department staff, depending on the issue. Citizens who have taken Civics 101 are given preference in the annual board appointment process.
- Meets the third Tuesday of each month at 7:00 p.m. (No Meeting in December)
- Davidson Town Hall & Community Center
251 South Street
Davidson, NC 28036
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
Click here Version OptionsLivability BoardHeadline to view agendas and minutes.
The subcommittees are composed of Livability Board members and Davidson community members. Subcommittee meetings are typically held before the start of the regular Livability Board meetings.
- Parks and Recreation - staff liaison: Gina Carmon - Parks and Recreation Master Plan and Programming
*Meets the 3rd Tuesday of the month at 6:15 p.m. PRIOR to the general Livability Board meeting
- Vision Zero (Formerly Walks and Rolls) - staff liaison: Leslie Willis - Design for Life, Greenways, Potts/Sloan Connector, Walks and Rolls Master Plan
*Meets the 2nd Monday of the month at 6:00 p.m.
- Trees and Natural Assets - staff liaison: Charlene Minor- DLC Liaison, Tree City Designation, Trees Davidson, Arbor Day, Watercrafts
*Meets the 3rd Tuesday of the month at 6:00 p.m. PRIOR to the general Livability Board meeting
- Pat Coleman, Chair
- Steve Justus, Vice-Chair
- Matt Walt, Secretary
- Bruce Batman
- Gabrielle Craig
- Jennifer Fiedler
- Pam Foltz
- Melissa Machan
- Heather McClow
- Marybeth Schwartz
- Kasia Worsham
- Gina Carmon (Staff)
- Charlene Minor (Staff)