- Town Government
- Departments & Services
- Private Development Projects
- Davidson Bay Phase II
Davidson Bay Phase II
- The Board of Commissioners approved Hopper Communities Master Plan Amendment for Building Envelopes A, B, and C at their October 22, 2019 regular meeting. The amendment includes a reduction in residential and commercial density (56 townhomes; +/-20,000 sf commercial; 2 quadplex buildings). See additional details under the master plan amendment tab below.
- Planning Area: Village Infill
- Project Location: Davidson Bay Phase II is located along the north side of Armour Street just west of the Beaty Street and Armour Street intersection.
- Parcel IDs: 00328516,00328534, 00328510, 00328595, 00328599, 00328564, 00328223, 00328267, 00328655, 00328637, 00328639, 00328656, 00328651, 00328649, 00328647, 00328644, 00328643
- Project Description: The approved development consists of +/-245 residential units that are a mixture of single-family detached, quadplex, and townhome structures. There will be +/-20,000 square feet of mixed-use commercial space.
- Developer for Phase II (minus Envelopes A, B, & C): Dominic Liburdi
- Developer for Phase II Master Plan Amendment Envelopes A, B, & C: Hopper Communities
- Master Plan (Approved in 2010)
- Envelopes A, B, & C Master Plan Amendment (Approved October 2019)
- Envelopes A, B, & C Construction Documents (Approved December 2020)
- Developer for Phase II (Minus Envelopes A, B, & C): Beaty Street Development LLC, Dominic Liburdi, email@example.com
- Developer for Phase II Envelopes A, B, & C: Hopper Communities, J. Bart Hopper, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Town Staff Contact: Lindsay Laird, Planner, email@example.com
2019 Davidson Bay Master Plan Amendment (Approved)
The Board of Commissions approved Hopper Communities, LLC master plan amendment for a 4.8± acre site located at the corner of Beaty and Armour Streets in Davidson, NC (725 Beaty Street; Parcel ID 00328269) at their October 22, 2019 regular meeting. The proposal includes +/-56 townhomes, two quadplex buildings, a commercial building (20,000± square feet), and public park space. This Master Plan Amendment proposes a reduction in the approved residential unit count from 108 to 64 units, and commercial square footage from 38,000± square feet to 20,000± square feet for this portion of the Davidson Bay development. As a substantial amendment to the approved master plan for Davidson Bay Phase II, this amendment required approval by the Town Board.
This portion of Davidson Bay Phase II (Envelopes A, B, & C) has been renamed Davidson Walk.
- Master Plan Amendment for Davidson Bay Ph II, Envelopes A, B, and C (Approved 10/22/19)
- Public Input Session (8/12/19) Documentation:
- Staff Analysis for Public Input Session
- Developer Presentation
- Public Input Session Report
- Construction Documents for Envelopes A, B, and C (Approved 12/17/20)
- Quadplex Building Plans(Approved by the Design Review Board 5/19/21)
- Applicant: Hopper Communities, LLC, J. Bart Hopper, firstname.lastname@example.org