- November 2021: The developer met on-site with staff to review the greenway requirements and proposed location. It is anticipated that plans will be submitted for review and approval in Winter 2022.
- May 2021: The Davidson Board of Commissioners and Lennar reached a settlement agreement (link) pertaining to tree violations at the WestBranch community. Included in that settlement agreement are stipulations regarding unfulfilled obligations at Davidson East, specifically, the Shearer Road connection to River Run. Per the settlement agreement, once the commercial/mixed-use phase adjacent to NC 73 has been approved by Lennar or a subsequent developer, the Shearer Road connection will be required. The Town will permit certificates of occupancy for no more than 25 percent of the approved square footage in the commercial/mixed-use phase until the Sheared Road connection is complete.
- July 2017-Current: The developer began to submit Final Plats for review, approval, and recordation. These documents allow the landowner to sell lots within the development.
- October 19, 2016: Amenity Building (i.e. clubhouse) Construction Documents approved. This allows the owner to begin construction work on the entire site.
- March 4, 2015: Construction Documents (i.e. Preliminary Plat) approved. This allows the owner to begin grading and infrastructure work across the entire site.
- Planning Area: Neighborhood Center II, Neighborhood Edge, and Neighborhood General
- Project Location: Davidson East is located on the north side of NC 73 between Ramah Church Road and McAuley.
- Parcel IDs: 00718204,00744109, 00719101
- Acres: 180+-
- Project Description: The mixed use development proposal includes 483 dwelling units in a combination of single-family, townhomes, and apartments and over 400,000 square feet of office/retail space. The preliminary plat comprises 239 lots on a portion of the property.
- Developer: Lennar Homes