Garbage & Recycling Collection Schedules
Are you a new resident? Please start HERE Version OptionsGarbage & Recycling Collection SchedulesHeadline.
Do you need to report an issue? Please fill out Waste Pro’s ONLINE COMPLAINT FORM.
Do you have a request? Please fill out Waste Pro’s
ONLINE REQUEST FORM.
To contact Waste Pro Customer Service, call 980-255-3800.
- Garbage and yard waste will be collected every week.
- Residents are to use a black 96-gallon cart for garbage and a red 96-gallon cart for recycling.
- The 96-gallon recycle cart will be emptied every other week.
- Garbage, recycling, and yard waste will be collected on a four-day schedule, Monday through Thursday. Please look at the map below to determine your collection day. (For example, Wednesday is collection day for the River Run neighborhood -- garbage and yard waste can be set out every Wednesday, and recyclables set out every other Wednesday.)
- HOLIDAYS: According to Waste Pro, 2022 holidays which will impact trash and recycling collection are: New Year's, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas. Holidays falling on a weekend do NOT impact the collection schedule.
- The town does not collect appliances. These should be hauled to the North Mecklenburg Recycling Center on Hwy 21 at 12300 N. Statesville Road, Huntersville, NC 28078.
This map shows the collection schedule by zone.
- Orange = Monday
- Dark blue = Tuesday
- Purple = Wednesday
- Turquoise = Thursday
View and download an alphabetical listing of collection days by street (PDF).
Bulk waste is defined as "Furniture or other items where large size precludes or complicates handling by normal solid waste collection, procession, or disposal methods."
This may include swing sets, bicycles (without tires), scrap metal, copper, and other similar items. The town is no longer collecting "white goods" such as refrigerators, stoves and ranges, water heaters, or freezers. Citizens can take these items to the North Mecklenburg Recycling Center located off Highway 21 in Huntersville. This center also accepts hazardous waste and batteries. Check their website for details on what they do and do not accept.
Mecklenburg County released fees and information for their solid waste disposal and recycling convenience centers.
|UPDATED October 18, 2022: Waste Pro recently changed its bulk pickup policy. Customers who need a bulk pickup must call Waste Pro prior to 3pm the day before a their normal trash day to make an appointment for bulk pickup. There continues to be no additional charge for the bulk pickup service. Waste Pro's Customer Service number is: 980-255-3800.|
For more information about yard waste, please click here Version OptionsGarbage & Recycling Collection SchedulesHeadline Yard Waste Yard Waste Yard Waste Yard Waste Yard Waste Yard Waste.
Interested in composting?
Learn more about Davidson's composting pilot program and how you can participate here Version OptionsGarbage & Recycling Collection SchedulesHeadline Interested in composting? Interested in composting? Interested in composting?.
Household Hazardous Waste