Davidson Tax Assistance Program (DTAP)
The Davidson Tax Assistance Program (DTAP) has been developed to provide grant funding on behalf of qualifying residential homeowners.
The intent of this program is to support the town’s goal of anti-displacement as the duty of a civilized state to support the welfare of its people. Eligible residents may apply for assistance from September 1, 2023 through December 1, 2023.
Grant funds are paid directly to the Mecklenburg or Iredell Tax Collector in an amount up to 25% of the Town of Davidson’s portion of ad valorem taxes on the current year’s tax bill, not to exceed $335 per year.
The FY2024 DTAP is funded by a $22,000 donation from the Davidson Community Foundation.
For a comprehensive list of Frequently Asked Questions, click here.
Please review the following eligibility requirements before submitting an application.
- Assistance applies only to single-family residential properties, including townhouses and condos.
- Assistance excludes property tax on vehicles.
- The property must be located within the Town of Davidson city limits.
- The property must be the owner's legal primary residence at the time of application and consistently for the past three consecutive years as verified by recorded legal documents.
- Ad valorem real estate taxes within the most recent consecutive three bills must be paid in full in order for a resident to be eligible for assistance from the proposed program.
- Household income may not exceed 80% of the area's median income (AMI) based on the number of people in the household. These figures are set annually by the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). Applicants will be required to provide the number of persons who live in the household and provide proof of income.
FY2023 80% Area Median Income (AMI) Income Limits (Charlotte HUD Metro Area)
Household income must not exceed:
- Funds will be granted in the order in which the applications were received until funds are exhausted.
- Applicants must not already be participants in any of the following programs:
- North Carolina Homestead Exclusion
- North Carolina Property Tax Homestead Circuit Breaker
- North Carolina Disabled Veterans Exclusion
- North Carolina Present Use Value (PUV) Program
- Applications will be available starting September 1 each year and must be received by the December 1 deadline.
- Applicant’s name must match the recorded deed or title. The qualifying person’s name may be listed on recorded life estate covering the property.
- The application will be designed to include sufficient information to verify eligibility.
- Incomplete applications will not be approved; completed applications may be resubmitted before the application deadline.
- Program recipients must apply each year for consideration.
How to Apply
Option 1: Complete and submit the online application by using the button above or by clicking HERE. How to Apply How to Apply How to Apply How to Apply How to Apply How to Apply How to Apply
Option 2: Print & complete an application by downloading the PDF HERE. Mail the completed application to: Town of Davidson, ATTN: DTAP, P.O. Box 579, Davidson, NC 28036 OR drop off the completed application to the Town Hall and Community Center located at 251 South Street, Davidson, NC 28036.
For more information, call 704-892-7591 or email DTAP@townofdavidson.org.
|Qualifying residents are also encouraged to apply for the Mecklenburg County HOMES Program, which provides a similar grant for the Mecklenburg County portion of the property tax bill. More information regarding the Mecklenburg County program can be found here: https://dcr.mecknc.gov/Housing/HOMES or by calling: Phone: (980) 314-4663 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|