Applications Now Available for Park at Beaty Street Task Force -- Deadline April 30
Are you interested in getting involved in shaping the future of the approximately 19 acres of town-owned land of Beaty Street? Here's your chance: The Town of Davidson is now accepting applications for appointments the “Park at Beaty Street Task Force.”
At its April 10 meeting, the Davidson Board of Commissioners established a “Park at Beaty Street Task Force.” The board of commissioners will accept applications to serve on the citizen task force through April 30 and will make appointments to the citizen task force in early May.
The group is charged with the following:
• Sponsor public forums to solicit community input and identify recreational needs
• Identify and evaluate all assets on-site
• Investigate park and recreation elements needed, including walking trails and other amenities
• Consider ancillary uses as appropriate, respecting historic character of surrounding parcels
• Develop planning level cost estimates for the various options to help in setting priorities and developing financing plans
• Evaluate each option on the basis of capital and operational costs, potential impacts on the natural environment, potential revenues, recreational needs and effect on programs
• Meet with the Davidson Board of Commissioners for review and comment before making final recommendations
• Make recommendations for the consideration of the Davidson Board of Commissioners
For more information and to apply, please visit www.townofdavidson.org/ParkatBeatyStTF.
Kathryn Spatz, Parks & Recreation Director for the town, will serve as primary staff liaison for the task force. Please contact Kathryn at 704-940-9644, email@example.com for more information regarding the task force’s work and schedule.