After voter approval of the Public Facilities general obligation bond referendum in November, the next step is for the town board to consider and approve professional service agreements with Creech & Associates and Edifice, Inc.
At the meeting, staff will brief the board on the process, the overall project schedule, and the scope of the contracts for consideration and approval.
- Consider Adoption of a Resolution to Approve the Design and Construction Manager at Risk Contracts for the Public Facilities Project DRAFT R2020-01
Approving Contracts with Creech and Associates PLLC and Edifice Inc Presentation
- Consider Adoption of a Resolution to Approve the Design and Construction Manager at Risk Contracts for the Public Facilities Project 01.14.20(c) CFA Church Conditional Planning Area: Pre-Development Consultation
Jason Burdette, Planning DirectorSummary:
The applicant proposes a Conditional Planning Area Map Amendment for +/- 3.71 acres currently zoned Village Commerce Planning Area. The proposal seeks the conditional approval of a religious institution on said parcel. The purpose of tonight’s discussion is to determine if the board of commissioners would like to see this proposed conditional rezoning move through the formal Conditional Planning Area Map Amendment (i.e. rezoning) process.
The board of commissioners is asked to provide direction on the proposed rezoning to the Conditional Planning Area.Staff Analysis Memo CFA Pre-Dev ConsultationCFA Churchproposal.pdfCFA Church - Site Plan.pdf(d) Consider Adoption of the Davidson Comprehensive Plan
Trey Akers, Senior Planner and Jason Burdette, Planning DirectorSummary:
The Town of Davidson launched the What’s Next Davidson? process in the fall of 2018 to update the town’s comprehensive plan. The comprehensive plan is the leading policy document and tool to help communities create a vision and guiding principles for decision-making for their town, directly informing decisions that we make as a community.
Senior Planner Trey Akers will provide an overview of the extensive public engagement process and the resulting comprehensive plan content. Additionally, representatives from the Livability Board (Dave Cable) and Planning Board (Kelly Ross) will share their respective groups' recommendations with commissioners.
The board is asked to consider approval of the Davidson Comprehensive Plan.
- Comprehensive Plan Adoption 01.14.2020Presentation
- Adoption of the Comp Plan 01.14.2020(e) Consider Approval of Davidson Cottages Water Extension Request with conditions
Jamie Justice, Town ManagerSummary:
At the December 3 meeting, the board received a request from Saussy Burbank for water extensions to Davidson Cottages, located in Davidson Commons East Lot 4D, for the construction of 30 single-family lots and two duplexes (34 units total).
The board is asked to consider approval of the request with the condition that it is limited to the proposed project.
– Davidson Cottages Water Extension 01.14.2020
(e) Discuss proposed request for purchase of town owned lot on Armour Street,Parcel ID 00327602
Jamie Justice, Town Manager
Magnolia Homes, Inc (Purchaser) has expressed an interest in purchasing a town owned lot on Armour Street, Parcel ID 00327602, contingent upon the following conditions:1) A short option period for conducting:
(a) Phase I environmental with results satisfactory to the Purchaser.
(b) Soil testing with results satisfactory to the Purchaser.
2) An approved Davidson residential housing plan satisfactory to the Purchaser.
3) Should the town desire to conduct an appraisal of the property, the Purchaser is willing to reimburse the town for the cost of the appraisal at closing, subject to conditions 1 & 2 having been completed with results satisfactory to Purchaser. However, in an upset bid situation, the Purchaser would not agree to the expenditures for appraisal reimbursement nor would they begin testing and site plan review until the property was under contract with Purchaser.
Staff is not aware of any previous town commitment of use for this parcel and there are no deed restrictions. This item is for discussion only.Agenda Memo
– Armour Street Lot 01.14.2020Attachment
– Polaris 3G Map of Armour Street Parcel 00327602
(g) Miscellaneous/Open Discussion
This is an opportunity for commissioners to present or discuss any topics not previously listed on the agenda.V. SUMMARIZE MEETING ACTION ITEMS -
Town Manager will summarize items where the board has requested action items for staff.