The Towns of Davidson and Cornelius proudly present the
39th Annual North Mecklenburg Holiday Parade
The Parade Committee will continue to monitor CDC, North Carolina and Mecklenburg County COVID guidelines and will make appropriate modifications as needed, up to and including cancellation of the parade if necessary.
Registration will open on Friday, August 13
- We are limited to the first 100 entrants, no exceptions can be made. Please get your entry in early.
- Parade line-up is NOT based on order in which entries are received.
If you have any questions not addressed here, please contact the Davidson Parks & Recreation Department at 704-892-3349 or email@example.com.
Rules and Guidelines
- DO NOT have Santa or Mrs. Claus on your float as Santa will be on the last entry.
- All vehicles and floats must be decorated in a winter holiday theme.
- Parade Entries wishing to distribute gifts, merchandise, literature, or other items along the line of march must have adequate personnel to hand the items to spectators individually. Persons MUST wear a mask when handing out items. For the safety of everyone, objects may not be thrown into the crowd (absolutely nothrowing candy).
- Soliciting during the event is prohibited.
- Only parade participants are allowed in the staging area.
- Please keep at least 40 Feet (4 Car Lengths) between entries on the parade route keep distance and do not stop.
- Possession and consumption of alcoholic beverages is prohibited.
- The parade committee reserves the right to prohibit costumes, banners, flags, signs, logos or any other props or materials it deems inappropriate.
- All walking units must continue moving forward during the parade. Stopping to perform is not permitted.
- Go-carts, skateboards, bicycle riders must wear helmets.
- All motor vehicles or trailers, motorcycles & mopeds must have current tags and appropriate insurance coverage.
- Participants riding on floats, vehicles or any moving entry may not get off or on once the entry begins moving. Participants are either on or off the entry for the entire period of the parade.
- Only participants/groups who have been issued a parade number may march in the parade.
- Vendors must be permitted by the Town of Davidson and/or the Town of Cornelius and may not set up in the roadway.
- In the event of an emergency on the parade route, all participants are asked to move to the right side of the street (southbound lane) to allow emergency services to pass in the left (northbound) lane.
- All Parade Entries with animals are responsible for cleaning up after their animals in the staging area, along the Parade route and properly disposing of all animal waste
- Floats cannot exceed 13 feet in height or 16 feet in width.
- A fire extinguisher must be on board each float/vehicle
- ALL participants must have a mask readily available. and follow CDC/NCDHHS COVID guidelines
- No political signs or hate speech allowed
- Disclaimer: The Parade Committee reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to remove any and all individuals, groups, vehicles, floats, motorcycles, or participants of any kind from entering or continuing along the Parade route for any reason, including but not limited to, safety, perceived condition, failure to comply with Parade Staff instructions, any action(s) that may cause a delay in the Parade, and/or any violation of the rules and regulations set out in this document. The Parade Committee will continue to monitor CDC and NC COVID guidelines and make appropriate modifications as needed, up to and including cancellation of the parade if necessary.