Welcome to the
38th Annual North Mecklenburg VIRTUAL Parade
Saturday, December 5, 2020 at 1:00 p.m.
Registration will open on Friday, October 9.
We are limiting the number of entries to allow for an enjoyable viewing experience.
Deadline to submit video will be Friday. November 6.
No late submissions will be accepted. Link to upload video will be provided once you have registered.
PARADE RULES AND GUIDELINES
- Registration must be completed on our Recreation Programming community site: www.townofdavidson.org/dpr
- Video must be shot using social distancing. If you have multiple people on the screen at one time in the same location, make sure they are spaced in a social distanced manner unless they are all part of one household.
- If you choose to “march” or have motion in your video, please make sure it goes from the right side of your screen to the left, so we have all units in motion moving from the same direction.
- Respect copyright. This means avoid using content in your video that someone else owns the copyright to (such as music tracks, snippets of copyrighted programs, or videos made by others) without necessary authorizations. No licensed music should be included in your parade unit video without permission from the artist. You will need to submit music licensing approval if music is included.
- Parade unit video must comply with all Facebook and YouTube Community Guidelines. The parade will be telecast on Facebook and YouTube, and we are looking to expand to other platforms as well.
- Video must be shot in LANDSCAPE Mode (Portrait Videos will NOT be accepted)
- Videos are to be 10-30 seconds. Videos exceeding 30 seconds will not be accepted.
- Video must be holiday/winter themed; Get CREATIVE! If you have a homemade float, you can decorate it and include in your video submission.
- You are not permitted to have a Santa in your video.
- Video may be cut to fit into allotted timeslot.
- The theme for this year's parade is ‘Holiday Traditions.’
- Each entry must say or display, “Happy Holidays Lake Norman from (name)” at the beginning of the entry. This will tie each entry together for the virtual parade.
- Consumption of alcoholic beverages in videos is prohibited.
- The parade committee reserves the right to prohibit videos due to costumes, banners, flags, signs, logos or any other props or materials it deems inappropriate. (No political themes/decorations or signage.)
- If submitted video does not follow the above guidelines, it will be omitted.
Here are a few links to virtual parades we found on YouTube that may help spark an idea...
Canada Day Parade - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hN6KjrIFvw
Denver Parade - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HQAh32I9YI
Marietta Parade - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vu1lR0UAkg
San Diego Parade - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPSEUA5tqx4
Summerlin Parade - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l13RO8aQb08
We hope to “see” you soon and look forward to your submissions.
The Towns of Davidson & Cornelius Parade Committee
If you have questions please contact Parks & Recreation at firstname.lastname@example.org