The Watercraft Rack Leasing Program
Learn more about the Watercraft Rack Lottery at www.townofdavidson.org/dpr
Are you a Davidson resident wishing to store your canoe, kayak, paddle board, or rowing skiff on the lake? Do you want easy access to the water to use your boat frequently? If so, register by the third Monday of November for the Davidson Parks and Recreation Department's annual watercraft rack leasing program for the opportunity to lease a watercraft rack space for the next calendar year. Watercraft racks are available for lease exclusively to Town of Davidson residents.
A total of 126 rack spaces are available for lease. There are 24 spaces at Parham Park (414 Davidson Gateway Dr. Davidson, NC 28036 near the Bexley at Davidson apartment community) and 102 spaces available at the Lake Davidson Nature Preserve (750 Jetton St. Davidson, NC 28036 behind Davidson Day School), six of which are designed specifically for rowing skiffs.
Each rack space is designed to support the typical weight of one canoe, two kayaks, or three paddle boards. Residents can request which location to store their watercraft and whether they want to lease a top, middle, or bottom rack space. Davidson Parks and Recreation (DPR) staff will process requests in the order they were drawn from the lottery (first winner gets first pick of preferred location, second winner gets second pick of preferred location, etc.).
How the Program Works
Lessees are determined via an annual lottery held on the third Tuesday of November. All entrants will be emailed lottery results no later than the last week of November. Registration for the lottery is free; however, lottery winners must pay a $100 leaseholder fee before watercraft storage can take place. Payment is only required when you are selected as a winner.
Current leaseholders are not automatically enrolled and must enroll in the lottery each year in order to compete for a rack space. Registration for the Watercraft Rack Leasing Program closes on the third Monday of November.
Only one entry per household is permitted. During registration, you must provide your watercraft's make, model, color, and serial number. Residents can enter the lottery by calling 704-892-3349 or by clicking here.
Terms and Conditions
- Terms of Lease: Third week of January - December 31
- Before storing watercraft(s), lessees must visit the Parks and Recreation Building (located at 865 South St.) and pay the $100 leaseholder fee, obtain a decal, and sign the lease agreement.
- Lottery winners will face forfeiture of rack space if the lease agreement and the $100 leaseholder fee is not satisfied by the end of the second week of January. Davidson Parks and Recreation can process exact cash, checks made to “The Town of Davidson” as well as credit/debit Visa, Master and Discover cards.
- Before storing watercraft(s), lessees must adhere DPR-issued decals to the left rear of their watercraft(s). Any watercraft stored without appropriate DPR-issued decals will be impounded and will become property of the town 30 calendar days from impoundment.
- Watercraft racks are designed for storing personally owned watercrafts. Using the racks to sublease or to operate a for-profit business is strictly prohibited. Watercrafts must fit within the leased rack space as deemed appropriate by Davidson Parks and Recreation staff. Abandoned watercrafts will become property of the town 30 calendar days from termination of lease.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Davidson Parks and Recreation at 704-892-3349 for more information.