Guidelines for Nonprofit Agency Funding
Town of Davidson
Fiscal Year 2018-2019
The Town of Davidson, on an annual basis, funds nonprofit agencies that provide needed services to Davidson citizens. To be efficient and fair, we are instituting the following process and general guidelines:
- The Nonprofit Agency funding acceptance period is currently on hold.
- Fill out the online application and upload the required materials. (The application will be enabled once the acceptance period begins)
- The Livability Board will make funding recommendations.
- The recommendations will go to the Board of Commissioners for final approval.
- The agencies will be notified regarding funding once they have been approved by the Board of Commissioners.
- Annually, each funded agency will be required to report how the funds were spent by June 30, 2019.
Program Grant Guidelines:
- Nonprofit agencies must meet a public purpose that the town government does not directly provide, but could if facilities and staffing were available. The nonprofit agency must be experienced in delivering that service.
- Nonprofit agencies must have 501(c) 3 status, a volunteer board of directors, and must provide to the town
appropriate accounting measures, in compliance with the Local Government Budget and Fiscal Control Act, to ensure accountability.
- The number of agencies funded can change each year and there is no limit on the number of agencies that can qualify and apply.
Questions should be directed to the Town Clerk Carmen Clemsic or emailed to email@example.com.