Overview: The developer, Saussy Burbank Homes, submitted a conditional master plan application on October 9, 2019. It is currently under review by Town of Davidson and Mecklenburg County staff, and both the Board of Commissioners and Planning Board have reviewed the plans and conditions multiple times this year. The Board of Commissioners will hold a Public Hearing for the proposal at 6:00 p.m. on August 25, 2020. See below for information on how to participate; see the Timeline tab for information on the project schedule.
Public Hearing Participation Details: The virtual public hearing will be held on Zoom. For public access to view the meeting, register at least 24 hours in advance using the following link: https://tinyurl.com/DavidsonBoard08252020. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar. The meeting will also be live streamed on the Town of Davidson YouTube Channel.
- Written Comments: The public will be allowed to participate in the public hearing by sending written comments of no more than 400 words via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If the email is submitted by 5:00 pm on Tuesday, August 25, 2020, the comments will be read aloud at the meeting. In keeping with the board’s current procedures, only three minutes of verbal reading will be allowed per email. The deadline to submit by email is 6:00 pm on Wednesday, August 26, 2020.
- Verbal Comments: The public will be able to call 704-940-9614 and leave a voicemail message in order to provide public comment. These messages will be played during the public hearing period, but will be limited to three minutes. The deadline to submit by phone is 5:00 pm on Tuesday, August 25, 2020.
- Planning Area: Conditional
- Project Location: 209 Davidson Gateway Dr.
- Parcel IDs: 00323193
- Acres: 3.135
- Project Description: The proposal includes 30 single-family detached homes and two duplexes fronting Davidson Gateway Dr. and publicly-accessible internal courtyards (34 units total). Additionally, the plan proposes a trail connecting throughout the property and a small gathering space along the sidewalk towards the southwestern corner.
- Developer: Saussy Burbank Homes
September 22, Board of Commissioners Decision: The Board of Commissioners will review the proposed Conditional Master Plan and associated conditions, potentially making a decision on whether to approve the proposal.
August 31, Planning Board Recommendation: The Planning Board will formally review the Conditional Master Plan and associated conditions, offering a recommendation to the Board of Commissioners.
August 25, Board of Commissioners Public Hearing: The Board of Commissioners will hold a public hearing on the proposed Conditional Master Plan and associated conditions. Information on how to participate in the meeting is under Recent Updates at the top of this page.
July 27, Planning Board FYI Review: The Planning Board informally reviewed the plans and draft conditions, offering comments for consideration.
July 14, Board of Commissioners Work Session: The project team met with the Board of Commissioners to discuss the project’s proposed conditions and site design.
July 27, Planning Board FYI Review: The Planning Board informally reviewed the plans and topics related to the conditions, offering comments for consideration.
March 10, Board of Commissioners Work Session: The project team met with the Board of Commissioners to discuss the project, reviewing comments from the Public Input Session in January and the resulting draft conditions.
January 29, Public Input Session: A Public Input Session was held from 5:00 – 7:00 P.M. at Davidson Town Hall, 216 South Main Street, Davidson, North Carolina. The purpose of the meeting was to review the master plan and solicit feedback. A copy of the Public Input Session Report summarizing the event is available under the Documents tab (see above).
January 14, Water/Sewer Decisions: The Davidson Board of Commissioners voted to approve water/sewer extension to the site.
October 9, Application Received: The project team submitted an application, including site plan documents, for review by Mecklenburg County and Town of Davidson staff. The next step is for staff to provide review comments on the plan and for the Board of Commissioners to make a decision on whether to permit water/sewer extension to the site.
Developer - Saussy Burbank Homes
Peter Harakas, email@example.com
Town of Davidson - Project Manager
Trey Akers, firstname.lastname@example.org