Robert Walker Drive Roundabout
- The Town has applied for additional shortfall funding from CRTPO and will be notified of the decision sometime late Summer 2022.
Page Updated: 5/9/2022
- Project Name: Robert Walker Drive Roundabout
- Cost: $1,251,164
- Funding Source:
- $998,931 Surface Transportation Block Grant - Direct Attributable (STBG-DA)
- $262,232 Town of Davidson (A portion of funds provided by WestBranch development.)
- Funding Status: Awarded
- Management Agency: North Carolina Department of Transportation (NCDOT) U-6092
- Project Description: This project will build a roundabout at the intersection of Robert Walker Drive and Davidson Concord Rd.
- Current Status: This project has been added to the 2018-2027 Statewide Transportation Improvement Program (STIP) Highway Program.
June 29, 2017 - Added to Division 10 Design Construct Unit (DDC). Right of way acquisition to begin in October of 2018.
June 21, 2017 - Charlotte Regional Transportation Planning Organization's (CRTPO) Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO) voted to approve funding for Robert Walker Drive Roundabout for 2021 Surface Transportation Block Grant Direct Allocation Roadway Projects Funding.
March 20, 2017 - Applied for funding from Surface Transportation Program Direct Attributable (STP-DA) to build a roundabout at Robert Walker Drive.
November 15, 2021 – Right-of-way acquisition starts
November 15, 2022 – Right-of-way acquisition complete, utility relocation starts
May 15, 2023 – utility relocation complete
May 17, 2023 – project let
May 2024 – construction complete