- Planning Area: Neighborhood General, Neighborhood Services, Rural
- Project Address: 19925 Davidson-Concord Rd, Davidson NC 28036
- Parcel ID: 00728106A, 00728106B, 00728108, 00728101, 00728110, 00715216
- Acres: 170
- Building Type: Detached House, Townhouse
- Development Description: West Branch will feature 305 housing units with +/- 88 acres of open space, yielding 1.8 units per acre with 51.7% open space. The commercial component at the intersection of Davidson-Concord Road and Robert Walker Drive is proposed as a later phase of development.
The WestBranch development is located on the east side of Davidson-Concord Road and includes property both north and south of Robert Walker Drive. The proposed development includes property located within the Neighborhood Services, Neighborhood General and Rural planning areas.
As proposed, the 170 acre WestBranch neighborhood would feature 306 housing units with +/- 88 acres of open space, yielding 1.8 units per acre with 51.7% open space. The breakdown of housing includes:
- 107 Townhomes
- 101 Detached (42’ wide lots)
- 88 Detached (65’ wide lots)
- 10 Detached (90’ wide lots)
The commercial component at the intersection of Davidson-Concord Road and Robert Walker Drive is proposed as a later phase of development.
- Developer: Lennar Carolinas, LLC
A site plan was received on January 14, 2016. A complete application was received on January 26, 2016. Project timeline:
- Historic Property Redesignation Public Hearing: February 9, 2016 at 6:00 at the Board of Commissioners meeting. Map of proposed change in historic property boundaries can be found here.
- Public Input Session: February 15, 2016 from 4-7PM at Town Hall in the Board Room. Staff's preliminary analysis can be foundhere. Responses to citizen questions/concerns as provided by the design and development team can be found here. Staff - concurrent with Mecklenburg County - conducted a more thorough analysis during technical review following the input session.
- Planning Board: June 27, 2016. Staff Analysis to the Planning Board can be found here.
- Master Plan Approval: August 3, 2016.
- Statement of Intent and Statement of Compliance
- Preliminary Sketch Plan
- Environmental Inventory 1
- Environmental Inventory 2
- Schematic Landscape Plan
- Master Plan Application
- Streetscape Rendering - Alley Loaded
- Streetscape Rendering - Front Loaded
- Precedent Studies
- Concept Plan for EPM technical review
- Transportation Impact Analysis for technical review
- Revised Master Plan Set - For Planning Board
- Clubhouse Perspective
- APPROVED MASTER PLAN (August 1, 2016)